Fresh eggs - no older than 4 days
Poached egg recipe:
The culinary trick is to boil the water constantly, but very weakly. To do this, put a cool, shallow saucepan on low heat and pour about 2.5 cm of water that has just boiled. When small bubbles appear on the surface of the water, the water is ready.
It is better to break the egg into a bowl, examine it, and only then pour it into a saucepan. As slowly as the water boiled before, the eggs should be boiled for 1 minute. Then remove the pan from the stove and leave the eggs in hot water for another 10 minutes.
Take out the finished eggs with a slotted spoon. Serve immediately after preparation.
Things to know (Q&A)
How do you make poached eggs at home?
An even easier method for poached eggs
- Crack your egg into a bowl or onto a saucer. ...
- Bring a pan of water filled at least 5cm deep to a simmer. ...
- Tip the egg into the pan. ...
- Cook for 2 minutes then turn off the heat and leave the pan for 8-10 minutes.
- Lift the egg out with a slotted spoon and drain it on kitchen paper.
Do you boil water to poach an egg?
Fill a wide casserole-type pan with boiling water from the kettle. Bring to a light simmer over a medium heat and season with a pinch of sea salt. Crack a large free-range or organic egg into a cup. Gently pour the egg into the simmering water in one fluid movement.
How do you poach multiple eggs in boiling water?
How to poach several eggs at once
- Crack each egg into a separate small bowl or ramekin. This makes it easier to slide the eggs gently into the water . ...
- Bring a large deep frying pan of water to the boil . Slide in eggs , 1 at a time. Cover. ...
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the eggs . Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel to drain excess water .
Do you need vinegar to poach an egg?
How Do You Poach An Egg Without Vinegar ? You can poach an egg without vinegar by substituting with lemon Juice! It might give your egg a slight lemony flavor, but lemon juice serves the same purpose as vinegar when poaching eggs .
How does Gordon Ramsay poach an egg?
Crack egg and place insides in a cup. Add the salt, pepper, and tarragon vinegar to boiling water. Maintain rolling boil, and whisk the water for 30 seconds to 1 minute until a strong, circular current of water has developed. Immediately drop egg into center of boiling water current.
Can I poach an egg in the microwave?
Gently crack an egg into the water, making sure it's completely submerged. ... Cover with a saucer and microwave on high for about 1 minute, or until the white is set but the yolk is still runny. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the egg to a plate.